Goto Section: 52.11 | 52.15 | Table of Contents
Revised as of
Goto Year:1996 |
Sec. 52.13 North American Numbering Plan Administrator.
(a) The North American Numbering Plan Administrator (NANPA) shall be
an independent and impartial non-government entity.
(b) The duties of the NANPA shall include, but are not limited to:
(1) Ensuring that the interests of all NANP member countries are
(2) Processing number assignment applications associated with, but
not limited to: area codes, N11 codes, carrier identification codes
(CICs), ``500'' central office codes, ``900'' central office codes,
``456'' central office codes, Signalling System 7 network codes, and
Automatic Number Identification Integration Integers (ANI II);
(3) Assigning the numbers and codes described in paragraph (b)(2) of
(4) Maintaining and monitoring administrative number databases;
(5) Assuming additional telecommunications number administration
activities, as assigned; and
(6) Ensuring that any action taken with respect to number
administration is consistent with this part.
Goto Section: 52.11 | 52.15
Goto Year: 1996 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public