Sec. 52.15 Central office code administration.
(a) Central Office Code Administration shall be performed by the
NANPA, or another entity or entities, as designated by the Commission.
(b) Duties of the entity or entities performing central office code
administration may include, but are not limited to:
(1) Processing central office code assignment applications and
assigning such codes in a manner that is consistent with this part;
(2) Accessing and maintaining central office code assignment
(3) Contributing to the CO Code Use Survey (COCUS), an annual survey
that describes the present and projected use of CO codes for each NPA in
(4) Monitoring the use of central office codes within each area code
and forecasting the date by which all central office codes within that
area code will be assigned; and
(5) Planning for and initiating area code relief, consistent with
(c) Any telecommunications carrier performing central office code
(1) Shall not charge fees for the assignment or use of central
office codes to other telecommunications carriers, including paging and
CMRS providers, unless the telecommunications carrier assigning the
central office code charges one uniform fee for all carriers, including
itself and its affiliates; and
(2) Shall, consistent with this subpart, apply identical standards
and procedures for processing all central office code assignment
requests, and for assigning such codes, regardless of the identity of
the telecommunications carrier making the request.
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.