Goto Section: 5.59 | 5.63 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2010
Goto Year:2009 |
§ 5.61 Procedure for obtaining a special temporary authorization.
(a) The Commission may issue a special temporary authorization under
this part in cases in which a need is shown for operation of a station
for six months or less, provided such operation is not in conflict with
the Commission's rules in this part. In cases in which an applicant
sets forth compelling reasons why a special temporary authorization
must be granted expeditiously, preference will be given to processing
(b) Extensions of a special temporary authorization will be granted
provided that an application for a regular experimental license has
been filed at least 15 days prior to the expiration of the licensee's
temporary authority. When such an application is timely filed,
operations may continue in accordance with the other terms and
conditions of the temporary authority pending disposition of the
application, unless the applicant is notified otherwise by the
(c) An application for special temporary authorization shall be filed
electronically through the Office of Engineering and Technology Web
site https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/els/index.cfm effective
January 1, 2004 and shall contain the following information:
(1) Name, address, phone number (also e-mail address and facsimile
number, if available) of the applicant.
(2) Description of why an STA is needed.
(3) Description of the operation to be conducted and its purpose.
(4) Time and dates of proposed operation.
(5) Class(es) of station (fixed, mobile, fixed and mobile) and call
sign of station (if applicable).
(6) Description of the location(s) and, if applicable, geographical
coordinates of the proposed operation.
(7) Equipment to be used, including name of manufacturer, model and
number of units.
(8) Frequency(ies) desired.
(9) Maximum effective radiated power (ERP) or equivalent isotrophically
radiated power (EIRP).
(10) Emission designator (see § 2.201 of this chapter) or describe
emission (bandwidth, modulation, etc.)
(11) Overall height of antenna structure above the ground (if greater
than 6 meters above the ground or an existing structure, see part 17 of
this Chapter concerning notification to the FAA).
[ 63 FR 64202 , Nov. 19, 1998; 64 FR 43095 , Aug. 9, 1999, as amended at
68 FR 59336 , Oct. 15, 2003]
Goto Section: 5.59 | 5.63
Goto Year: 2009 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public