Goto Section: 7.9 | 7.15 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2010
Goto Year:2009 |
§ 7.11 Information, documentation, and training.
(a) Manufacturers and service providers shall ensure access to
information and documentation it provides to its customers, if readily
achievable. Such information and documentation includes user guides,
bills, installation guides for end-user installable devices, and
product support communications, regarding both the product in general
and the accessibility features of the product. Manufacturers shall take
such other readily achievable steps as necessary including:
(1) Providing a description of the accessibility and compatibility
features of the product upon request, including, as needed, in
alternate formats or alternate modes at no additional charge;
(2) Providing end-user product documentation in alternate formats or
alternate modes upon request at no additional charge; and
(3) Ensuring usable customer support and technical support in the call
centers and service centers which support their products at no
(b) Manufacturers and service providers shall include in general
product information the contact method for obtaining the information
required by paragraph (a) of this section.
(c) In developing, or incorporating existing training programs,
manufacturers and service providers shall consider the following
(1) Accessibility requirements of individuals with disabilities;
(2) Means of communicating with individuals with disabilities;
(3) Commonly used adaptive technology used with the manufacturer's
(4) Designing for accessibility; and
(5) Solutions for accessibility and compatibility.
Goto Section: 7.9 | 7.15
Goto Year: 2009 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public