Goto Section: 68.415 | 68.418 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2011
Goto Year:2010 |
§ 68.417 Informal complaints; form and content.
(a) An informal complaint alleging a violation of hearing aid
compatibility and/or volume control rules in this subpart may be
transmitted to the Consumer Information Bureau by any reasonable means,
e.g., letter, facsimile transmission, telephone (voice/TRS/TTY),
Internet e-mail, ASCII text, audio-cassette recording, and Braille.
(b) An informal complaint shall include:
(1) The name and address of the complainant;
(2) The name and address of the responsible party, if known, or the
manufacturer or provider against whom the complaint is made;
(3) A full description of the terminal equipment about which the
complaint is made;
(4) The date or dates on which the complainant purchased, acquired or
used the terminal equipment about which the complaint is being made;
(5) A complete statement of the facts, including documentation where
available, supporting the complainant's allegation that the defendant
has failed to comply with the requirements of this subpart;
(6) The specific relief or satisfaction sought by the complainant, and
(7) The complainant's preferred format or method of response to the
complaint by the Commission and defendant (e.g., letter, facsimile
transmission, telephone (voice/TRS/TTY), Internet e-mail, ASCII text,
audio-cassette recording, Braille; or some other method that will best
accommodate the complainant's disability).
[ 66 FR 7587 , Jan. 24, 2001]
Goto Section: 68.415 | 68.418
Goto Year: 2010 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public