Goto Section: 95.171 | 95.181 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2011
Goto Year:2010 |
§ 95.179 Individuals who may be station operators.
(a) An individual GMRS system licensee may permit immediate family
members to be station operators in his or her GMRS system. Immediate
family members are the:
(2) Licensee's spouse;
(3) Licensee's children, grandchildren, stepchildren;
(4) Licensee's parents, grandparents, stepparents;
(5) Licensee's brothers, sisters;
(6) Licensee's aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews; and
(7) Licensee's in-laws.
(b) Only the following persons may be permitted to operate under the
authority of a GMRS system licensed to a non-individual:
(1) If the GMRS system licensee is: These persons may be station
(i) A partnership Licensee's partners and employees.
(ii) A corporation Licensee's officers, directors, members and
(iii) An association Licensee's members and employees.
(iv) A governmental unit Licensee's employees.
(2) These persons may only communicate messages about the licensee's
business activities. Employees of the licensee may communicate messages
while acting within the scope of their employment, and only about the
licensee's business activities.
(c) The licensee may permit a telephone answering service employee to
be a station operator if:
(1) That employee only communicates messages received for the licensee
to the licensee;
(2) The station equipment at the telephone answering point is not
shared in any other GMRS system; and
(3) The station at the telephone answering service point is not
interconnected to the public switched telephone network.
(d) The station operator of a GMRS system licensed to an individual may
be a station operator in any other GMRS system if he/she has permission
from the licensee of the other GMRS system.
(e) The provisions of § 95.33 regarding cooperative use do not apply to
or govern the authority of a GMRS licensee to designate station
operators in accordance with the provisions of this section.
[ 48 FR 35237 , Aug. 3, 1983, as amended at 53 FR 47717 , Nov. 25, 1988;
53 FR 51625 , Dec. 22, 1988; 63 FR 68976 , Dec. 14, 1998]
Goto Section: 95.171 | 95.181
Goto Year: 2010 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public