Goto Section: 95.412 | 95.414 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2011
Goto Year:2010 |
§ 95.413 (CB Rule 13) What communications are prohibited?
(a) You must not use a CB station--
(1) In connection with any activity which is against federal, state or
(2) To transmit obscence, indecent or profane words, language or
(3) To interfere intentionally with the communications of another CB
(4) To transmit one-way communications, except for emergency
communications, traveler assistance, brief tests (radio checks), or
(5) To advertise or solicit the sale of any goods or services;
(6) To transmit music, whistling, sound effects or any material to
amuse or entertain;
(7) To transmit any sound effect solely to attract attention;
(8) To transmit the word "MAYDAY" or any other international distress
signal, except when your station is located in a ship, aircraft or
other vehicle which is threatened by grave and imminent danger and your
are requesting immediate assistance;
(9) To communicate with, or attempt to communicate with, any CB station
more than 250 kilometers (155.3 miles) away;
(10) To advertise a political candidate or political campaign; (you may
use your CB radio for the business or organizational aspects of a
campaign, if you follow all other applicable rules);
(11) To communicate with stations in other countries, except General
Radio Service stations in Canada; or
(12) To transmit a false or deceptive communication.
(b) You must not use a CB station to transmit communications for live
or delayed rebroadcast on a radio or television broadcast station. You
may use your CB station to gather news items or to prepare programs.
Goto Section: 95.412 | 95.414
Goto Year: 2010 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public