Goto Section: 95.632 | 95.635 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2011
Goto Year:2010 |
§ 95.633 Emission bandwidth.
(a) The authorized bandwidth (maximum permissible bandwidth of a
transmission) for emission type H1D, J1D, R1D, H3E, J3E or R3E is 4
kHz. The authorized bandwidth for emission type A1D or A3E is 8 kHz.
The authorized bandwidth for emission type F1D, G1D, F3E or G3E is 20
(b) The authorized bandwidth for any emission type transmitted by an
R/C transmitter is 8 kHz.
(c) The authorized bandwidth for emission type F3E or F2D transmitted
by a FRS unit is 12.5 kHz.
(d) For transmitters in the LPR§
(1) The authorized bandwidth for narrowband frequencies is 4 kHz and
the channel bandwidth is 5 kHz
(2) The channel bandwidth for standard band frequencies is 25 kHz.
(3) The channel bandwidth for extra band frequencies is 50 kHz.
(4) AMTS stations may use the 216.750-217.000 MHz band as a single 250
kHz channel so long as the signal is attenuated as specified in
(e) For transmitters in the MedRadio Service:
(1) For stations operating in 402-405 MHz, the maximum authorized
emission bandwidth is 300 kHz. For stations operating in 401-401.85 MHz
or 405-406 MHz, the maximum authorized emission bandwidth is 100 kHz,
and stations operating in 401.85-402 MHz, the maximum authorized
emission bandwidth is 150 kHz.
(2) Lesser emission bandwidths may be employed, provided that the
unwanted emissions are attenuated as provided in § 95.635. See
§ § 95.628(g) and 95.639(f) regarding maximum transmitter power and
(3) Emission bandwidth will be determined by measuring the width of the
signal between points, one below the carrier center frequency and one
above the carrier center frequency, that are 20 dB down relative to the
maximum level of the modulated carrier. Compliance with the emission
bandwidth limit is based on the use of measurement instrumentation
employing a peak detector function with an instrument resolution
bandwidth approximately equal to 1.0 percent of the emission bandwidth
of the device under measurement.
(f) The authorized bandwidth for any emission type transmitted by a
MURS transmitter is specified as follows:
(1) Emissions on frequencies 151.820 MHz, 151.880 MHz, and 151.940 MHz
are limited to 11.25 kHz.
(2) Emissions on frequencies 154.570 and 154.600 MHz are limited to
(3) Provided, however, that all A3E emissions are limited to 8 kHz.
(g) DSRCS-OBUs are governed under subpart L of this part.
[ 53 FR 36789 , Sept. 22, 1988. Redesignated and amended at 61 FR 28769 ,
June 6, 1996, and further redesignated and amended at 61 FR 46567 ,
46568, Sept. 4, 1996; 64 FR 69930 , Dec. 15, 1999; 65 FR 60878 , Oct. 13,
2000; 67 FR 63289 , Oct. 11, 2002; 68 FR 9902 , Mar. 3, 2003; 69 FR 46446 , Aug. 3, 2004; 74 FR 22707 , May 14, 2009]
Goto Section: 95.632 | 95.635
Goto Year: 2010 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public