Goto Section: 80.451 | 80.455 | Table of Contents
Revised as of October 1, 2020
Goto Year:2019 |
§ 80.453 Scope of communications.
Public coast stations provide ship/shore radiotelephone and
(a) Public coast stations are authorized to communicate:
(1) With any ship or aircraft station operating in the maritime mobile
service, for the transmission or reception of safety communication;
(2) With any land station to exchange safety communications to or from
a ship or aircraft station;
(3) With Government and non-Government ship and aircraft stations to
exchange public correspondence;
(4) With units on land in accordance with § 80.123.
(b) Public coast stations are authorized to communicate with a
designated station at a remote fixed location where other communication
facilities are not available.
(c) Public coast stations are authorized to transmit meteorological and
navigational information of benefit to mariners.
(d) Each public coast telegraphy station is authorized to communicate
with other public coast telegraphy stations to exchange message traffic
destined to or originated at mobile stations:
(1) To exchange operating signals, brief service messages or safety
(2) To exchange message traffic destined for a mobile station when the
coast station initially concerned is unable to communicate directly
with the mobile station;
(3) In the Great Lakes region, to exchange message traffic originated
at a mobile station when the use of available point-to-point
communication facilities would delay the delivery of such message
(4) Utilization of radiotelegraphy must not incur additional charges or
replace available point-to-point communication facilities;
(5) Only authorized working frequencies within the band 415 kHz to 5000
kHz must be employed for communications between coast stations;
(6) Harmful interference must not be caused to communication between
mobile stations and coast stations or between mobile stations.
[ 51 FR 31213 , Sept. 2, 1986, as amended at 62 FR 40307 , July 28, 1997]
Use of Telegraphy
Goto Section: 80.451 | 80.455
Goto Year: 2019 |
CiteFind - See documents on FCC website that
cite this rule
Want to support this service?
Report errors in
this rule. Since these rules are converted to HTML by machine, it's possible errors have been made. Please
help us improve these rules by clicking the Report FCC Rule Errors link to report an error.
Helping make public information public